We all have those morning where we feel like someone just keeps pressing the fast forward button over and over again. It’s not fun, especially when you’re running late with your little ones!! Usually my husband and I eat either a delicious omelette or peanut butter oatmeal for breakfast, but it’s not every morning that we have time to sit and eat.
On the mornings that Theodore wakes up right when I do- this smoothie is a life saver. I have zero time to make breakfast and he usually nurses for 45 minutes to an hour. On mornings that I do yoga, I like to have something light for breakfast that is full of protein and this is it!! Read recipe below if you’re interested.
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1c of frozen strawberries
- 1 banana
- 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter
- 1/2c of rolled oats (if you’re wanting a more filling smoothie)
- 1 tsp of whole flaxseeds
Why is this smoothie great?
(These are only a few of many benefits to each ingredient)
- Chocolate Protein Powder- Vega One (All In One Nutritional Shake): I’ll attach a link to a article that I found that discusses each benefit to this amazing protein powder. I LOVE this protein powder and it is by far my favorite.
- Strawberries: Super food, full of antioxidants & vitamin C.
- Banana: Potassium, protects against muscle cramps & natural source of energy
- Peanut Butter: Protein, Vitamin E & fiber which helps keep you full longer.
- Rolled Oats:
- Whole Flax Seeds: The flax seeds add on a bit of a more nutty taste while sneaking in a great amount of omega-3 and fiber!!
Thank you for stopping by, see you on the next post.
Pingback: Q&A- Get Fit For You Edition | Get Fit For You